Role Play Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where roleplayers of all kinds can come and just have fun! Discuss your favorite animes, play as the characters, and be free from the glitches of myspace!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Empty
PostSubject: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:00 pm

It's an Italian word meaning "ruckus" and also the name of a light novel series, the earlier of which was adapted into a 13 episode anime tv series along with 3 more (OVA) episodes.

Funimation has the first two episodes dubbed and the first six episodes subbed here. Try not to be too shocked and appalled when I say that the English dub is actually better in fact, this may be one of the best/'perfect' dubs I've heard since Cowboy Bebop's dub. But when you take into consideration Baccano! takes place in New York it makes sense. The 30's New Yorker type accents in the dub really add a lot to the experience of watching the show. Than again, despite the American setting Funi could have screwed this up.. they didn't. Trust me, the English casting on this show is absolutely topnotch.

Let's get this out of the way: this is a very violent show. Don't let the character design/animation style fool you.. though it may not be all 'serious looking' like Ninja Scroll and such this one is not for people with weak stomachs. Also, the show isn't exactly all executed in a straight chronological order (think Pulp Fiction or other Quentin Tarantino movies) so be prepared for that of confusion as well.. though it's not that much of headache, imo.

IF ANY OF THESE SERIES APPEALED TO YOU, BACCANO! MAY APPEAL TO YOU AS WELL:

Cowboy Bebop (Aside from the stellar dub for both series I already mentioned, they also share in common very jazzy (and enjoyable) soundtracks and both shows combine Action, Comedy, and Drama in a way that works quite well)
Fullmetal Alchemist (Alchemy is a key plot element in both series)

Higurashi (Both are violent shows that manage to be fun and comedic at times despite all the gore going around)

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! (Mafias and a large cast of characters with all sorts of different personalities and mental derangements are what these two series have in common)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:12 pm

HITMAN REBORN!!! <3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://comingbackhometoyou.forumotion.com
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

PostSubject: Re: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Seen Cowboy Bebop, seen most of FMA, and got to see the first three volumes of Higurashi.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cynskysong
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:30 am

TIME TO FLOOD THIS THREAD WITH RELATED VIDEOS. Well, actually just four videos but I digress..

the excellent OP:

Hitman Reborn based parody of OP:

I adore this meme" (Looking FABULOUS in your blue coat as always, Graham)

One of the best cosplay stage performances eva:

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 10:58 am

XD Awesome. I'll watch them later when I get on again.
Back to top Go down
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:15 pm

WOOHOO!! For the month of October only Hulu has ALL 16 ENGLISH DUBBED EPISODES OF BACCANO:

http://www.hulu.com/baccano

So now if you haven't yet now you can get acquainted with the likes of the 'carefree idiot couple' Isaac & Miria, the nicely hatted Firo and his friend Luck, the psychotic & sadistic (but very entertaining) Ladd, the sexy knife fighter Chane, the also sexy explosive 'maniac' Nice & her rather adorable hug-able crybaby gang leader boyfriend of sorts Jacuzzi, the paranoid & somewhat creepy Czeslaw, the also psychotic & sadistic (although more attractive than Ladd, imo) Graham, and many other great characters.

If you don't have an account on there already all you have to do is get one (it's free!) and yeah. I'd recommend watching something like two episodes of the show a day that way you'll be able to watch the series at least twice during this month as it's fairly likely some of you may want to watch the series again as soon as your finished with. ;3
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 12:49 pm

DUDE! I JUST NOW watched the cosplay skit you put up. Friggin brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 5:37 pm

Admin wrote:
DUDE! I JUST NOW watched the cosplay skit you put up. Friggin brilliant!

"No. Rail Tracer IS.. *DUN DUN DUUUUUUN*" XDDD

Yeah it totally is.. amazing synchronization of the dance moves on all their parts.. they totally deserve the real loud cheers they got. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name   'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Baccano!' ... is apparently too short a topic name
Page 1 of 1