Role Play Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where roleplayers of all kinds can come and just have fun! Discuss your favorite animes, play as the characters, and be free from the glitches of myspace!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dissidia anyone?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:19 pm

So have any of you played Dissidia? If so, who's your favorite character so far?

Any dislikes about the game?

Right now, I'm just playing through Warrior of Light. And so far, I'm enjoying it. Oh, and I've also started Tidus's story. Jecht is a bitch! >.<
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cynskysong
Dartais Moonblade

Dartais Moonblade

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 am

Cyn Skysong wrote:
So have any of you played Dissidia? If so, who's your favorite character so far?

Any dislikes about the game?

Right now, I'm just playing through Warrior of Light. And so far, I'm enjoying it. Oh, and I've also started Tidus's story. Jecht is a bitch! >.<

So far? I'd have to say Cloud, just because I kick total ass with him.

Dislikes: So far, Kefka is WAY over powered, in my opinion. Umm, the whole chess-like movement thing lacks a LOOOOOOOOOOOOT of the action I was hoping to see in the game. It makes the story itself feel kinda choppy and random to me.

I've been playing Cloud's story, because its Cloud and Sephiroth. =D Umm, you play online with it? We should be PSP buddies! Exclamation Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.megatokyo.com
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 pm

I need a PSP first. Sad Can't wait to play Zidane's story (Though hearing/watching a clip on youtube I don't think I like his English voice as much as I like his Japanese voice, Romi Park) and I hope Dissidia will bring more people to play FFIX since I feel that one is criminally underrated. I am disappointed to know that they didn't put Balthier in the game. Sad

But still, on a related note: I'm not a big fan of threesome pairings but zomg.. Bartz, Squall, and Zidane (aka: 589) are just wonderful together. FAN ART DUMP TIME:

Dissidia anyone? L7afdc1864d48414ca5d1ee

Dissidia anyone? L8dba8fc584ec4cae85b4ff

Dissidia anyone? L9c3abd727be040a099331a

Dissidia anyone? L624fbaed7493482589a994

Dissidia anyone? L6818c67f83ea432582c1c1

Dissidia anyone? Lb41817801f8a44c19e8e6f

Dissidia anyone? Lb677423061344cf7b1c809

Dissidia anyone? Lbe126b7d86fd4cecb380bc

Dissidia anyone? Ld1c24c38828d4966a7b90c

Dissidia anyone? Ld85bc817bb43417ab4c7d4

Dissidia anyone? Ld754dd8281194f0897f80c

Dissidia anyone? Le65203e5a02a41dfb1f4f9

Dissidia anyone? 58901
Back to top Go down
Dartais Moonblade

Dartais Moonblade

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:16 pm

Noooo! Poor Squall, having to play big-brother to everyone. Surprised

Lol, even if its suppose to be yaoi (Maybe? I dunno...I'm yaoi-dumb. <3) I'd rather think of him as big-brother. Squall has a girlfriend after all, and they fit well together. <3

As for Final Fantasy IX...I played it, several times. Or tried to. Always get to the same part, the first town after the whole crash scene. Thats where my interest in the game just...Vanishes. I dunno why, but something about it just...Didn't strike me as fun. =( I've got nothing against the game, but its underrated because it didn't live up to what 6, 7, and 8 put out. It held a more...Child-like feel, in my opinion, and I think that really is what did it in.

Still, Zidane is pretty cool in the game so far. I haven't played his story, but he's in the intro. Veeery cool intro movie. <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.megatokyo.com
dragongirl34

dragongirl34

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:50 pm

nice fan art *is gonna steal some of it. ^^;* I love ff9 and ya I agree its underrated. Zidane's voice isn't too bad but I hate that they mispronounce his name >.> in any case I got used to his voice and it isn't as bad as it could have been. So I'm thankful. Anyway mew its a good game, I'm trying to go through Zidane's story line atm. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:19 pm

Mo no likey cloud.
Back to top Go down
https://comingbackhometoyou.forumotion.com
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:23 pm

Kefka is annoying. >.< stupid clown.

I beat half of it with Warrior of Light, and almost half way done with Tidus. And I agree with Tala, pronunciations are annoying. The voices aren't to bad, though I still prefer the japanese, but thats just me. ^^;

As that is a very weird pairings. Squall, strikes me as the big brother type as well.
Back to top Go down
dragongirl34

dragongirl34

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:41 am

mew idk he'd be the reluctant big brother ^^;
Back to top Go down
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 am

Dartais Moonblade wrote:
Noooo! Poor Squall, having to play big-brother to everyone. Surprised

Lol, even if its suppose to be yaoi (Maybe? I dunno...I'm yaoi-dumb. <3) I'd rather think of him as big-brother. Squall has a girlfriend after all, and they fit well together. <3

As for Final Fantasy IX...I played it, several times. Or tried to. Always get to the same part, the first town after the whole crash scene. Thats where my interest in the game just...Vanishes. I dunno why, but something about it just...Didn't strike me as fun. =( I've got nothing against the game, but its underrated because it didn't live up to what 6, 7, and 8 put out. It held a more...Child-like feel, in my opinion, and I think that really is what did it in.

Still, Zidane is pretty cool in the game so far. I haven't played his story, but he's in the intro. Veeery cool intro movie. <3

I'm perfectly fine imagining the three of them in a platonic sort of relationship. Either way with Squall's brooding sort of moods and the happy go lucky personalities of Zidane and Bartz I personally think the three of them (surprisingly) go together great. After all, you always need the voice of reason to calm down the hyperactive brats. ;D

Anyway, to be honest other than maybe some kissing and cuddling the thought of those three getting sexual is very very weird. D8

Sorry you couldn't get into FFIX. ;_; My recommendation is to at least make it a little into the 2nd disc because like FFVII and FFVIII the 2nd disc is generally where the good shit really begins to kick off. IX was in a way supposed to be a return to the classic Final Fantasy games.. except in 3D of course. The way I like to look at it is: It's a love letter of sorts to the previous eight games of the series.

I admit though the art style/character designs do take a bit of getting used to. This is a reason I'm very grateful for Dissidia's existence: the great abundance of Zidane fanart it has brought forth. xDD

IX's not my favorite though. That would FFVI. Very Happy

dragongirl34 wrote:
nice fan art *is gonna steal some of it. ^^;* I love ff9 and ya I agree its underrated. Zidane's voice isn't too bad but I hate that they mispronounce his name >.> in any case I got used to his voice and it isn't as bad as it could have been. So I'm thankful. Anyway mew its a good game, I'm trying to go through Zidane's story line atm. ^^;

*high fives* YaY for fellow FFIX appreciationness! :3 The way his name gets pronounced is just.. weird. :d I think I've kind of grown used to his voice for some reason I can't help but think of cross between Kingdom Hearts II Sora and Demyx somehow.

There was a thread on /v/ last night about describing Final Fantasy games in just one sentence.. I wish I would have saved it! Arrgh but I believe the description for FFIX was something like "A monkey boy works for a kingdom to save the world all for his urge to tap da ass of it's princess." lol

Admin wrote:
Mo no likey cloud.

I actually quite liked Cloud by the end of FFVII.. he ends up being quite bad-ass. Heh. Advent Children kind of ruined him for me though. :/ But he is overexposed.. than again, he's only overexposed because FFVII was that revolutionary of a game for a lot of people.

Cyn Skysong wrote:
Kefka is annoying. >.< stupid clown.

lol I can't help but think of two things when it comes to Kefka.. his cheesy SNES speaker laugh and one of the best damned cosplays of a character ever:

Back to top Go down
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 5:22 pm

This is only vaguely related to Dissidia (and more related to just FFIX) but I didn't think I should make a whole new thread just for it and imo it's just too hilarious not to share:

Oh god, it syncs up together too perfectly! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:54 pm

WOW XD
Nice~
I love whoever did that forever!XD
Back to top Go down
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:59 pm

^^; It was synced a little to well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:18 am

That's why it was great XD
Back to top Go down
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:30 am

^^; But Freya isn't a hamster. She's a rat...person.
Back to top Go down
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:12 am

Well I know the footage was edited and far as I can tell other than 'getting cut off' I don't think the song was edited in any way it really is a case of "Holy crap. Why does this sync so perfectly?" X3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dissidia anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dissidia anyone?   Dissidia anyone? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dissidia anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Role Play Haven :: Gaming Discussion-
Jump to: