Role Play Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where roleplayers of all kinds can come and just have fun! Discuss your favorite animes, play as the characters, and be free from the glitches of myspace!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Empty
PostSubject: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:30 pm

I recently starting watching Birdy The Mighty: DECODE (aka: Tetsuwan Birdy: Decode). Holy crap I am freaking LOVING IT. Nice animation, tons of action and, of course, wonderfully liberal amounts of fanservice. Laughing

Hmm well to describe the premise of the show I'll have to spoil the 1st episode a little bit so hope y'all won't mind too much. :O

Well the main thing is it's about two characters: the humanoid alien Birdy who's a sort of inter-space police officer who's on Earth to apprehend alien criminals who are hiding out on the planet. She moonlights/disguises herself as an idol named 'Arita Shion' and she's also the main fanservice provider of the show (Whether as Birdy or Arita). XD Here's a pic of her with a cocky smile, lol:

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Birdy01u

The other main character is Tsutomu.. in the first episode during a mission trying to fight an alien Birdy accidentally kills Tsutomu and so fuses with him to keep him alive until his actual. body has been rebuilt. So in other words Birdy and Tsutomu share the same being. Here's a picture of him at some point prior to his 'death' & no longer needing glasses:

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Birdy02

There's also the FABULOUS character, Tute (who manages in some ways to be gayer than Gurren Lagann's Leeron and in other ways more manlier, imo):

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Birdy03
Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Birdydecode040

MAJOR FRICKING SPOILERS:
Spoiler:

Also, furries. lol

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Birdy04
Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Birdy05

Finally, here's a fanservice filled screen from towards the beginning of the 1st episode when Birdy in her 'Arita' identity/form is doing a photoshoot:

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Birdydecode042

For some reason even though there's plenty of differences between the two shows I definitely get a bit of a Gurren Lagann vibe somehow with the show. I dunno why *shrug*. What I do know is even though I'm not finished with the series yet I would still highly recommend those of you who've been looking for a rather fun series to watch (assuming you haven't watched this series already) go watch Birdy The Mighty: Decode! Very Happy

As for reading.. I'm certainly more than half-way through the Fruits Basket manga series now. It's marvelous and I hope SOMEDAY a more complete anime adaptation of it is done.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:40 pm

*uber fangirly squeal* Ne ne ne! Speaking of Leeron, I got Steven Blum to autograph the Simon jacket I bought at the con! *bounces around still squealing* He was sooo nice! I adore him now!!!
Back to top Go down
https://comingbackhometoyou.forumotion.com
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 2:24 pm

Oh man I'm sooo jealous and yet so very proud for you as well.. anyway, congratulations on that!! Very Happy That is some frickin' sweet-ass stuff. XD Maybe you'll get a chance for Yuri Lowenthal to autograph that jacket someday! Surprised
Back to top Go down
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:11 pm

He already did. XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cynskysong
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:25 pm

... D'OH!
Back to top Go down
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 3:54 pm

lol ^^

Though I missed Yuri. Wanted to get him to sign my Kyo Kara Maoh wallscroll. thats twice now that I missed him. T^T

Oh well.

I still got Steven to sign my Advent Children wallscroll. ^^
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:31 am

"Cinnamon, can I borrow your phone?"

XD I loved that~
And yeah, I got him to sign it first. He wrote "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM?!" signed it, and then drew a little drill XD
Back to top Go down
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:48 am

I really must go to an anime convention sometime. :d

So I finished Birdy The Mighty DECODE the other day and just got started on Clannad earlier today. I can tell already I'm going to really like this series but I admit, I did play like a little bit of the visual novel game that this anime was based upon so I wasn't exactly going into it blind and the first couple episodes certainly had things that made me sort of go, "Oh. I think I remember that from the VN."

Talking of visual novels and briefly getting off the subject of Clannad for a moment: Some of you have seen Air, right? Really moving heartbreaking anime series. I played some of the visual novel for Air and yeah, while the anime series is something I could watch with my mother... holy shit, does the VN for Air get sexually explicit. Clannad's VN is all age, btw.

Anyway, back to Clannad: the big draw of these sort of shows (especially if you're a male lol) is the girls and generally picking your favorite out of the 'harem'. Now see I haven't watched many episodes of the show yet so it's way too soon for me to make any choices anyway but so far none of the female characters interest me all that much.

On the other hand -> First we have the protagonist, Tomoya Okazaki, so far I am quite liking this guy as he's not a spineless pushover type like Keitaro (Love Hina) nor is he sex machine + asshole extraordinaire like Makoto (School Days). He has a good sense humor (something the two characters I mentioned lacked), quite a sarcastic type so far, has no problem teasing the girls (In a charming sort of way) .. well he also teases Sunohara sometimes too.

Which brings me to what may be my favorite thing about Clannad: Tomoya's friend, the character SUNOHARA. I don't want to say/give away too much because, well, you all need things to look forward to but let's put it this way, a guy who makes faces like this:

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Clannad01p

Wears pink colored boxers:

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Clannad02e

Does antics like this:

(I love Tomoya's "Heh." reaction)

...IS THE BEST GUY EVER. "Be only my Sunohara forever" indeed.

And here's the very cute, somewhat silly, and rather calming ending theme:

Back to top Go down
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:12 pm

lol I myself just started watching Clannad not to long ago. So far, I'm enjoying it. *is only like 8 episodes in.* Fuko-chan is adorable. Though I keep seeing a bit of myself in Kyou. ^^; Its always fun to hear her yell and then see a book come flying out of now where only to have Tomoya dodge it.

As for Sunohara, the poor guy gets beat up and teased a lot but then again he does bring it on himself most of the time.

But since I work most of the time now, I haven't been able to watch much more of Clannad. Though I really want to. *stares at bookshelf and cringes* And I need to get through others as well.
Back to top Go down
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:19 am

Sunohara beatdowns are the big thing that keeps me coming back! ;3

Oh gosh. I never thought a fandub could be this freaking good:

That guy doing Sunohara's voice = WOW. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:47 pm

lol That is a good fandub.

Though don't know why but the person doing Sunohara's voice reminds me of Yuri Lowenthall. It probably doesn't help that just about everything I'm watching/playing he's in. ^^:
Back to top Go down
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 7:02 pm

Yuri's a good dub actor. :3

So anyway, I finished Clannad After Story on Saturday
Spoiler:
Well anyway, great series and well worth checking out. If you watched and liked Air TV.. Clannad is quite similiar only like (insert exaggerated number here) times better. ;3

Right and so yesterday I began Eden of the East! How do I love this show? Let me count (some of) the ways:

- The OP which uses an OASIS song! Surprised And is quite a visual treat for the eyes as well:
http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/4837126/12902266

- Though it's not quite as good as the Oasis song I do enjoy the ED a lot as well.. especially because of the papercraft-type stop motion animation making it pretty much an equal visual treat as the OP:
http://uk.video.yahoo.com/watch/4837138/12902303. Anyway, I usually will always watch the OP and ED at least once in a series but than generally skip over them for the rest of the series: however, this is a series where I'll be watching every episode from beginning to end without skipping a single second.

- The musical score overall is really quite nice, actually.

- As a resident professional pervert all I can say is: there is not enough male nudity in anime. God bless you, Production IG. *salutes*

- I was amused by and lol'd at the part where after the main character first gets the red coat from the girl and when he was running they animate the flaps of the coat lifting somewhat to show a little bit of his ass. heh.

- They use American voices for the American characters! Big props for that. As lulzy as it would have been to hear some Japanese guy giving a thick engrishy voice to a black man I think the casting helps add to 'authenticity' of this great show.

- I may very well start using Johnny as a euphemism for 'penis' as well. :d
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdvmv1IEvgI

- Great moment from towards the end of 1st episode:
"My Johnny answered your wishes." and than that double thumbs-up & cheeky grin he gives. LOL. oh god why does he remind me so much of Zidane somehow? And than when Saki punches him for that in a playful sort of manner made me 'Awwww. :3' so yeah a real funny & cute moment all in the course of a few seconds.

- Left out the real cool stuff that's happened so far because I don't want to spoil anything important, you know? I love this fucking show. <3

My only complaint so far is... it's only 11 episodes. A series this damned good shouldn't be so short (Yeah I know about the two upcoming movies but still..) It's somewhat odd to think that I'll already be posting in this thread about a new anime I'm watching by the end of this week.. but I guess some anime series are just that short sometimes. *shrug*

As (almost) usual, screenshots!

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Eden01

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Eden02

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Eden03

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Eden04

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Eden05

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Eden06

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Eden07

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Eden08a
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:37 pm

I LOVE the fandub.
And WHOO! Naked guy with a gun! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah   Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Currently watching/currently reading blahblahblah
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Role Play Haven :: Anime Discussion-
Jump to: