Role Play Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where roleplayers of all kinds can come and just have fun! Discuss your favorite animes, play as the characters, and be free from the glitches of myspace!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The MegaTen Mega Thread!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

The MegaTen Mega Thread! Empty
PostSubject: The MegaTen Mega Thread!   The MegaTen Mega Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:24 am

Cheesy thread title? Oh well. silent

The Megami Tensei universe includes the following series:

Shin Megami Tensei
Digital Devil Saga
Devil Summoner
Persona series

Now I must admit my own experience so far is only limited to some of the Persona games though I hope to eventually get a hold of and play the other games as they look quite interesting (Particularly, Digital Devil Saga)!

Anyway, here are some interesting essays/articles I found relating to P3 and P4 so if you haven't played those games all the way through you might want to be aware that these are full of spoilers:

http://www.destructoid.com/your-fate-is-in-the-cards-the-fool-s-journey-in-persona-3-116180.phtml
http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22015

Kanji's such a great character. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

PostSubject: Re: The MegaTen Mega Thread!   The MegaTen Mega Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:21 am

lol So far my experience is only from the little bit of Persona 3 I've played. And watching my roommate play Nocturne. Which by the way is very funny watching him try to run away from Dante. ((Yes, Dante from the DMC series makes an appearance in the game.)) ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cynskysong
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: The MegaTen Mega Thread!   The MegaTen Mega Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 3:20 pm

Oh man, Nocturne's definitely towards the top of the MegaTen games I want to get. I love the main character's character design. Yay for tattoos! XD
Back to top Go down
Cyn Skysong

Cyn Skysong

PostSubject: Re: The MegaTen Mega Thread!   The MegaTen Mega Thread! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:45 pm

I almost bought a copy at Anime Vegas. Along with Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 but I didn't want to shell out $60 for each of them. ^^;
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cynskysong
Fuhrer Worm

Fuhrer Worm

PostSubject: Re: The MegaTen Mega Thread!   The MegaTen Mega Thread! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 4:47 pm

Yeah Atlus games get awfully expensive and rare real fast. Sad With any luck the rumor that they'll be selling PS2 games on the Playstation Store (and hence the return of PS2 emulation on the PS3) will come true and Atlus will make some of those games available at slightly more reasonable than what ebayers are asking for.

Well, in the meantime there's emulation I suppose.. I didn't want to waste time downloading anything I wouldn't be sure would work so the other day I popped Persona 3 in my computer opened PCSX2 and.. wouldn't you know? It emulates very smoothly on my computer! So I guess if I want to download them Nocturne and Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 should all work on it very nicely as well.

I can't wait for a version of PCSX2 that supports Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance though because I've got a copy of it but my PS2 refuses to load it.. From what I can figure something happened to my PS2 that caused it to not play dual-layer DVD-ROMs because Substance is dual-layered and I just don't want to buy yet another PS2 so it's between waiting for the PS3 to get PS2 emulation again of the PCSX2 to be able to do stuff like that. Though I do wish Substance would have just come on two discs like Subsistence did and than I wouldn't have to be dealing with that crap. I know it can't be from a 'damaged disc' because Substance is in near-perfect condition and I play discs/games that are more damaged than that all the time. LOL sorry for my geekiness. 8B
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The MegaTen Mega Thread!   The MegaTen Mega Thread! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The MegaTen Mega Thread!
Page 1 of 1